Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Workroom glimpse....

I love zippers - I do!
But, when you try to put one into the top of a tote, things get a little fiddly (fiddly, meaning exactly what it sounds like and in this case - not straightforward, solid sewing) and the results are a little jenky (jenky, meaning exactly what it sounds like and in this case - lumpy, not as attractive or functional as one might hope).
Which? I think (after three weeks and reading every zipper tutorial on the internet) is because we're asking a zipper to do something it was not designed to do, namely - twist. If you know what I'm talking about, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. And if not, thank you for coming along anyway.
Still - there is a finished zip-top, cross-body tote prototype (see below) and you should tell me what you think of it. I'd love to be like: Viola! and tell you how much I adore it, but I'm kind of meh. Which means there's more fiddling to do, and while the final final product may not zip, none of us should give up hope....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.