Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Materials.

The world of textiles is an imperfect one, filled with imperfect choices - so I thought I'd tell you about some of the fabrics I'm using and why.
Remember the seventies? Fondly? We certainly knew how to work a pattern back then.
The upside: Already exists in the world, probably in a drawer somewhere. Light cotton fabric, softened with use and washing. Absolutely gorgeous.
The downside: None that I can see. With any vintage piece, there may be holes or other damage to work around. In general, I find that signs or wear, age, and storage add beauty and uniqueness to a piece and will be left in as long as they don't compromise the structure of the final product. In a world of imperfect choices, this is one of the better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.