Friday, March 30, 2012

That's so nice.

Every year on their birthdays, my kids get me flowers.
I know what you're saying: That's so nice. You might even draw out the nice, like niiiiiiiiiiice. Now you're saying: Whatever, shut up.
In fact, I go and get the flowers myself and put them on the table and give the birthday boy a big hug and say: Thank you for the flowers. It was so sweet of you to remember that this day is as important to me as it is to you (possibly more so, and certainly more memorable because of the "natural childbirth" and all) (I don't say that part out loud).
Hopefully they'll take the hint, eventually. But they're boys, so what are the chances?

1 comment:

  1. maybe when they are 40 and have kids of their own, they will send you the biggest bunch of tulips you have ever laid eyes on...hopefully.

    ReplyDelete

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.