Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Good luck to us!

Omydarlingdears! How are you?
I'm going to be in the American Craft Council show in Baltimore at the end of February. Did you know that? It's spectacular and I should be super-triumphant about it and constantly self-congratulatory just for getting in, but alas - I'm in an insecurity death-spiral instead. You know me. As if I could possibly be super-triumphant and constantly self-congratulatory both at the same time. One or the other, for a few seconds, maybe. But I really don't have the stamina for that kind of confidence.
But! The good news is that you're absolutely adorable and it's a wonderful day and I'm going to write all those emails I've been putting off. Good luck luck to us!

ps. Artist are such self-absorbed babies, aren't we?

3 comments:

  1. Aside from the fact that I am NOT to be an exhibitor at the American Craft Council show, I completely get it. Perhaps too often I keep my nose to the grind stone (did I just make that up?) and seldom pat myself on the back. And if I do, it's just a quick pat then time to get over myself already. Ultimately, I think it's a fine way to be.

    I do feel super-triumphant for you. It really is a massive accomplishment, and I know you'll wow 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the love of god, pull yourself together Thoms Hanley !

    ReplyDelete

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.