Friday, July 22, 2011

Postcards from Kauai.











Here are some things that I learned on Kauai:
1. It's very hip to walk down Hanalei Beach talking on your mobile phone. Everyone is doing it. But not me, because no-one ever called me while I was on the beach. I was waiting, but it didn't happen. I guess I could have made a call, but that just seemed excessively tool-ish.
2. You can spend too much on a water pistol. $6 is too much - those never work. But the 6 guns for $8 that you get at Foodland? Work like a charm.
3. I would eat fish tacos for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I might have some kalua pork nachos, if you're offering, but otherwise, I'm pretty sure I could live on fish tacos.
4. My kids will complain about a lot of things, but playing on the beach in the pouring rain is not one of them.

3 comments:

  1. So GREAT to hear more about your trip! We are a little Kauai obsessed, it seems like you stayed on the north shore? We are planning to go next summer and rent a house in Hanalei, I am starting to look now. Did you find a place that you liked? I just think that island is magical, so stunningly beautiful and so fun with kids. Loved seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy for you ... jealous ... happy for you .... jealous ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am mortified when my phone rings in public so I might not fit in so well on the beaches of Hanalei. But, I too could live on fish tacos. When visiting, with our 8-yr-old when she was just a tike (during torrential rains), she wanted to stay. I said that our family and friends were back home. She suggested that we make new friends.
    Welcome back to production sewing! Hang onto that island spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.