Monday, July 25, 2011

The best thing.






One of the best and all-around completely awesome (I tend to use that word lightly - but on this occasion it's actually warranted) things about our trip was the Pacific Voyagers! One morning, seven vaka moana arrived and anchored in Hanalei Bay. They'd sailed from New Zealand and Fiji, Samoa and the Cook Islands using ancient polynesian navigation techniques. I know! We got to go aboard the vaka from Fiji (Uto Ni Yalo) and meet the beautiful and amazing sailors who let my kids steer and climb all over their boat.
They are on their way here to San Francisco now - arriving around August 5th or so. I feel like I should bake them a pie or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.