Friday, March 11, 2011

Inspirado.

Picasso said: Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.

(Except that he probably said it in Spanish. Or maybe, French.)

I heard an interview yesterday with Elizabeth Gilbert on Radiolab and she thinks that the muses reward people who are at their desks, working, at five o'clock in the morning.

(I have not read Eat, Pray, Love, nor have I seen the movie. But I do enjoy Radiolab.)


Do you find that to be true? I do. The harder I'm working, the more the ideas seem to flow. And the paradox is that I'm so busy in the factory, filling wholesale orders, that I can't find time to make the bag that's insisting it must be made immediately if not sooner. It's pestering me. Do you ever have an idea that won't leave you alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.