Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Half. [Wherefor art thou, Boba Fett?]

I'm serious about this Half thing. I've been pitching things at random. I will pretty much throw out anything that gets in my way. If I trip over it, or it looks like it might fall on me, it gets organized.
And since you can't walk in my kid's room (this doesn't seem to bother them), most of my halving efforts have gone on in there.... a little each day, so as not to overwhelm.
Their bookshelf is a thing of beauty - knick knacks down 90%. Nineteen pounds of books went into the library donation bin.
And their toy cupboards - we've given away gallons of toys they've outgrown. There was some initial pushback, but once they saw that I wasn't going to pitch anything they wanted to keep and that they could actually locate the stuff they wanted to play with, they were on board!
Halloween costumes are down 50%. This is a secret. They would have worn that rancid Boba Fett costume forever.
My shop's inventory is organized and lovely - loads of new things and samples and are getting listed. Things I fell out of love with are rediscovered and will be relisted. Some things I love, but that never sold are getting re-photographed (in case that was the problem) and the shop will be stocked up for Mother's Day YEA!
I know this is dull, but I'm feeling so very sleek and streamlined already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.