Wednesday, February 16, 2011

News from Kazakhstan:

I received the following email from my sweet sick sister the other day....
Bec,
It's snowing today and I'm home with bronchitis and a bottle of Kazakh antibiotics prescribed by the school secretary who is actually a doctor but makes more money as a secretary. And that's my run-on sentence for the day. How are you?
Love, Em
She also reports that the apartment building has steam heat and it's cranked way up all the time so they have to open the windows to cool down a little. It's like 40 below outside. But, their Christmas trip to Thailand was amazing!
ps. I didn't have a new photo, so I used a really really old one. It was not taken in Kazakhstan, but in a Volkswagen.

1 comment:

  1. Your photo is so cute!! So classic!!! Awesome! And of course you post about your sister's life in Kazakhstan is funny and ironic and a bit sad that the secretary would make more money than as a doctor. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.