Thursday, August 19, 2010

School shoes.

Remember these? I had a pair just like them in High School. I was rather fond of them. I have always believed that if you have participated in any particular trend - neon, leg warmers, enormous flannel shirts with the sleeves cut off, asymmetrical haircuts - you are not allowed to participate again when it comes back. You are disqualified. You are too old and therefor ridiculous.
But. (You knew that was coming, right?) I had to make an exception for a lavender suede version of the above Minnetonka moccasin and they are delightful. They make me feel like I have back to school clothes even in that "it's a little too hot to wear this but I'm so excited that I will anyway" way. Heaven.
Also, wearing them around the house is what's getting me through a morning on which I otherwise feel like crying. For reasons that are too complicated and (frankly) lame to go into. Gr.

3 comments:

  1. Love them, and I can picture the lavender suede being divine! Sorry that you are feeling blue. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you really wear neon, leg warmers, enormous flannel shirts with the sleeves cut off, asymmetrical haircuts in high school?
    Care to document that period of your life with some pictures in a future post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you never had an asymmetrical haircut, Laurent?
    Nah, you probably didn't and neither did I, but you can bet your 501s I wore all that other stuff. PS. It was the eighties and I looked very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.