Friday, December 11, 2009

Hobbypreneurs?

From the Intuit Future of Small Business Report:

Today’s passion-driven hobbyists will breed many of tomorrow’s small businesses. Stemming from the “Maker” movement, and enabled by technology, these hobbypreneurs – both knowledge and craft-based – are leading a new generation of entrepreneurs who increasingly take the step to turn fun into profit.
Hobbypreneurs will continue to grow in numbers and influence, creating new niche products and markets in the U.S. and abroad. These frugal, techsavvy, green-oriented, out-of-the-box thinkers are creating new business methods, models and processes. And along the way, they are spurring growth and innovation.

Hobbypreneurs? I don't know whether I should feel encouraged or insulted. It's certainly apt and a thousand times better than "Mompreneur." Maybe I'm just cranky (highly likely) and inclined to bristle at anything that makes me sound like the dilettante that I am.
You can read the report here, if you're into that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.