Monday, June 15, 2009

Two books by bloggers.

Will wonders never cease. Actually it's more surprising that I'm reading - than that both of my current reads are by women who blog. The first is It Sucked and Then I Cried by Heather Armstrong, who I totally admire because she's honest and brilliant and funny and has an enviable vocabulary. But also because she curses in her blog. And I - well it's not that I curse like a sailor in normal conversation, but I am a very passionate person who happens to be fond of the F-word, and could use it in any sentence, and do, sometimes in front of other people's children (sorry). But I have yet to summon the courage to use it here. Just give me time.
You probably already know about Heather's blog because she's only like the most famous blogger ever - but if you don't, I think you should go there right now and read it! Unless you're a boy and/or don't already know what a mucus plug is, in which case you may want to run screaming. I'll give you a head start.

Julie & Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously by Julie Powell, I'm not as far into by virtue of it being lent to me by my friend Julie (no relation) rather than being due at the library um, today (like some other book which shall 1. remain nameless and 2. be overdue). But I must say that I bonded instantly with Julie as she poached eggs in red wine, because that is exactly the type of desperate overachievement to which I am prone. And? She's a big fan of the F-word as well. I couldn't be happier.
You can read Julie's blog here, and even the Julie/Julia Project blog here. It is glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.