Friday, May 8, 2009

On being lost.

I've lost something. Maybe myself.
I'm suffering from a paucity of inspiration and confidence. Feeling mediocre and fraudulent, bored, and boring. I'm working too hard - on things that shouldn't be work, and torturing myself over arbitrary (and self-imposed) deadlines.
I've been struggling mightily to get back on course, to recapture my focus and determination.
And then, this morning I woke up and realized that maybe it's not about getting back on course. It's possible that I need to just be. Lost. And see how that feels for a while.

In the interest of full disclosure, someone did, kind of, tell me essentially that, yesterday. And I dismissed it because it sounded like total crap at the time. It just took about 12 hours to sink in. So, you know who you are and you were right.

PHOTO: Brass Pocket Compass with Chain, $45 at kapadesigns. Lovely, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. You're probably right about being lost and we always find ourselves again after a little time.
    :) Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE CHAIR awaits!
    Have you failed yet?
    Juls

    ReplyDelete

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.